Isaiah 40:31

"They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings as eagles. They shall walk and not be weary, they shall run and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Things IF taught me

This is not a reflection of how IF HAS impacted our lives, its a reflection on how IF IS IMPACTING our lives. Even though this kiddo has been brewing for 20 weeks, I will always consider myself infertile, proudly.

  • If I can endure an enema before ER, I can do pretty much anything gross. The enema was my mortal enemy. I dreaded it from CD1.
  • I have been able to share intimate parts of my anatomy with total strangers and laugh about it, no matter how many parade in front of my in the air whoo hoo.
  • Let the RE do the HSG and SIS, OB/Gyn's hurt! (in my experience, having had 4)
  • Having drawers full of leftover needles and syringes isn't a bad thing. It reminds you of how far you've come and where you are going.
  • I have been at the lowest point in my life in front of total strangers and I could have cared less, it wasn't important what they thought.
  • I have found my voice in front of drs, nurses, and other authority figures. I've learned to tell them exactly what's going on, after all, its for my benefit. No hiding anymore! Even if its gross, embarrassing, or takes too long to explain.
  • I have learned who I can share this IF journey with, and who I can't. Top priority is to keep OUR feelings safe.
  • Everybody has bad days, and it is okay to let it out. Even if its aimed toward you.
  • The shots aren't that bad, as long as you aren't talking about PIO.
  • The meds made me crazy to begin with, but the more I took them, the less crazy I was on them.
  • I am allergic to latex, now.
  • I've learned I love my Angel today more than any other day that has past in our lives together. This has made us stronger. I feel like if we can do this, we can do anything.
  • I'm not sure if at the beginning of this journey, if I would have wanted to know what treatment worked to help us get this far. Each step was a milestone in our lives, not meant to be skipped. Each one helped us grow and learn.
  • I want to tell all the beautiful women that are in the early stages of this that you will survive. And my humble prayer is that you come out the other side champions!

5 comments:

Kahla said...

Great post, it's amazing how strong IF can make you!

Anonymous said...

Amen, sister!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this Hollie! Very well said indeed. Since my first round of IVF I've believed that if you can come the other side still relatively sane then you can do anything!

Chelle said...

Wonderful post! Us sisters are stronger than we all realize!!

I think, like you, I will always be infertile even when the babies come. (it is stillhard for me to say when not if). Infertility has definetely put it's stamp on this part of my life and it's not likely to be erased. It's who I am.

Once Upon A Time said...

Thanks for sharing this list!