Isaiah 40:31

"They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings as eagles. They shall walk and not be weary, they shall run and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Nothing short of a miracle

I called to get my results from my 1 hr glucose tolerance test, and I passed! This feels better than passing any test I ever took in college! My glucose was 118. I forgot to ask what the range was, but from what I've found on the internet, anything below 180 is considered okay. I'm sure I'll have to retake the test in a few weeks, but at 18 weeks, they wanted to do one early since I have insulin resistance and PCOS. Does anyone know whether I've got the right info from the net or not? What were your results?

We had an ultrasound yesterday. It was the anatomy scan. He's still a boy, and getting cuter by the second! I think my favorite part was his BELLY! I have this thing for puppy, kitty, and now, Baby BELLIES! They are so cute, and I am enamored with our son's belly! We got to see him stretch his arms above his head, then yawn at the same time. We also saw him curl up like a ball, then STRETCH out again. He rolled and waved, and the boy is going to be a thumb sucker, no doubt!

Only drawback to yesterday's ultrasound, the dvd and photo printer were down. So I got NO PICTURES or VIDEOS! But the tech said that we would probably have another one since she couldn't get all the measurements on his kidneys. He was in a weird position, evidently. I love watching him. I can't wait to see him in real life, not on a tv screen!

I love this pregnancy part, so far. Its been amazing. But with every day that passes, I get more anxious to meet our lil man. I should relish in this time, but I think back to when I got married. I got engaged in February, and married in October. All that time, we planned. It was fun, thinking about all the stuff and all the excitement. But, what I found out through the process is that what I was really excited about was starting my life with Angel. I sort of see this pregnancy as the same thing. But there is no way to push up the date, and I wouldn't want to. I want this kiddo to cook til he's baked to perfection! Also, this in no way means that I'm ready for him to be here from a "I know what I need to know and have the gear that I need to have" standpoint. In fact, I'm still fairly freaked out by changing diapers, picking out strollers, and breastfeeding.

So I've learned in this process, there is a reason why it takes what seems like so long. God is preparing us in his way, in his time, for his miracle. But I can still be impatient! ;O)

6 comments:

Kahla said...

I haven't had mine yet and don't remember my first pg numbers but congrats on the good news!

Jessica White said...

I'm glad that your u/s went well and you had some quality time with your little boy :-)

Soapchick said...

Yeah, I'm so glad you had a fabulous ultrasound and got to see baby boy moving all over the place! Too cool! Great news on passing that test too.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that all is progressing well with your precious little boy!

Anonymous said...

Great news! I have insulin resistant PCOS too so I always assumed I'd get GD if/when I get pregnant. But maybe not!

Chelle said...

YAY for passing your test!!! No pics or video? bummer. I'm sure you loved seeing him!