Isaiah 40:31

"They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings as eagles. They shall walk and not be weary, they shall run and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Monday, June 1, 2009

One more thing...

Forgot to put a sort of update with my last post. I'm 21 weeks and 1 day today. They've been moving my due date around, but we've now settled. So this is it, and will be it for the duration, Oct 15. So I tell people, its October. I'm smack dab in the middle, and it could go either way.

Last week, I had a little scare. I noticed, well, an increase in discharge. So I called the dr thinking, "is this normal?", "what could it be?" The answer to that question is UNKNOWN. I called the drs office at 8:30am Thursday (opening time) and didn't get a call back until 1:30pm. At which time, they freaked me out by saying, "You have to come in right now for an exam!" WHA' TH'? So I dropped everything at work and dashed to the dr office. Then I sat waiting for an hour. Can I tell you how happy this makes me? I saw the Good Dr (the one I like) when I went back for my weight and urine test. I breathed a sigh of relief, ahhhh, she's here today and she's going to be my dr. So I finished with weight, peeing in a cup, and blood pressure (all fine) and went back to the room. I waited some more. Then, ta da! FINALLY. But, much to my shagrin, it was Dr OH NO. DANGIT! I tried to be as cordial as possible. UNTIL she inserted the speculum, and I can't tell you the pain I felt. She said, "bare down" I was like NO I CAN"T! So then she said it again, I said, "I can't". With my experience with OB/GYN's and RE's... there are folks that can do this, and there are folks that can't. Dr OH NO goes on the list as definitely one that CANNOT do the speculum correctly. THEN to top it off, she said she would take it out "shortly". She then proceeded to rummage around in a drawer for a slide and cover slip for about 90 seconds. I am not one that handles pain well.

Needless to say, all was well. She didn't see amniotic fluid, but did see some yeast. (NO ____ SHERLOCK! I have to keep reminding her of my lovely yeastie that I've had now for 20 weeks because of the End..o mEtrin every time I see her) She gave me an Rx for the oral yeastie pill (D) and sent me on my way. Also telling me as she's going out the door that I will experience bleeding this afternoon because of the exam, she saw the blood. NICE! She didn't say anything about the cramping as well, but I had that too.

Good news out of the appointment, I can actually STOP the progesterone supplements now. PRAISE THE LORD! Thank you JESUS! And these 3 days without it, have been fabulous! I feel like a new woman. Traaalaaaalaaallaaaaah! Also, I've only gained 7 pounds so far. Since there has always been more of me to love, I'm supposed to keep it between 15-20 pounds. I laughed when I first heard that, but now, I guess it can be a possibility. But I've still got a long way to go. 20 more weeks at about a pound a week.... you do the math! Im just eating and doing my normal thing. I'm not going to stress or obsess about it. When I'm hungry I eat, when Im tired, I sleep. Thats all I can really do!

No comments: