Isaiah 40:31

"They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings as eagles. They shall walk and not be weary, they shall run and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Friday, May 8, 2009

I'm whacko

Yep, I've had my first real emotional outburst during pregnancy. It wasn't pretty. It was in front of my boss when she asked about my trip to the dr this morning.

Long story. I saw Dr #3 today in the practice, and lets just say, we didn't hit it off. Also, she said I'd have to continue this progesterone for another 3 weeks until my next appointment. This, I don't understand AT ALL. I'm also to do my first glucose tolerance test next week.

Only good part about today is that I started the ball rolling on the ultrasound that we were supposed to find out the gender of our child, had we not gotten an early peek. But still, at 18 weeks (next week) is supposed to be the "check it all out" ultrasound. I don't have an appointment yet, they will call me. But in 7 days I should have seen my lil kiddo, and I couldn't be more excited about that.

Angel went with me to the dr and he got to hear his heartbeat for the first time. I think he was pretty happy! I'm feeling our lil man more and more now. I'm also convinced more and more that its him. Started with some flutters. Then bumps, now WOMPS and flips. As long as that continues, it keeps me calm that nothing is wrong and that makes me very happy.

So as far as M day goes, I'm not all that excited. Angel has to work, and I never celebrated it growing up because my mother, well lets just not go there. But I do remember taking my Grandma a pretty flower on Mother's day. Makes me miss her. I'm thinking in our household, this will probably be a holiday that we don't celebrate too much.

Have a great weekend, all! Might elaborate more on the other stuff when I have more energy. Right now, I'm just drained from the emotional roller coaster that has been today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear all is still progressing well with baby!
All the best!
xx

Anonymous said...

Go take a nap and take care of yourself. Happy M Day tomorrow too! :)

Jessica White said...

Gotta love those rollercoaster rides: I'm always exhausted after mine! WOOHOO! for finding out the gender soon!