Isaiah 40:31

"They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings as eagles. They shall walk and not be weary, they shall run and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Monday, March 2, 2009

Where was I...

I've had many thoughts running around in my head. Here are a few, and and update.

My p4 has risen as of last friday to 29.8. They want it to be above 25, so we are right on target. But along with this new hoo hoo pill, came a lovely yeastie infection. I cannot take the yeastie pill, I have to do the ole standby yuckie stuff. Needless to say, I'm still suffering with this. I have a call into the nurse to see if it should be persisting this long. Poor Angel asked how long I'd be "out of commission". At least he didn't say, "When can I get some action?"

Every Sunday, I'm thanking God extra for giving us another week of joy with this little one. Sunday is THE day of supposed conception, if you take out the frozen part. I do thank Him everyday, almost every MOMENT of everyday. But Sunday is a special time. I remember praying on Wednesday's for JJ's special day, every week that she has her special lil' man and now he's HERE!

I know its not original, but I have taken to calling our miracle, "Sticky Bun". I always liked the term BUN IN THE OVEN and for some odd reason, I can't say the P word. Its easier for me to say "knocked up". My friend IRL says that its probably some subconscious thing that back in the day (probably a southern thing) it wasn't really appropriate to say the P word in mixed company. I think that can be some of it. Anyway, so our bun in the oven and we want it to STICKKKKKKKKKKKK! Plus, who doesn't love the gooey goodness of a sticky bun that has been nuked for 10 seconds or so to the point where the sugar stuff and the pseudo cinnamon is melding together?? All the way around, STICKY BUN just makes me happy. So thats it!

3/21/08- that is the day I started this blog. But that in no way was the beginning of our IF journey. It has been close to 5 years for that. I made rookie mistakes, for sure. I'm not even a power blogger, what that actually is, I'm not sure. But, I can honestly say that I've never been THIS far. Today I am 7 weeks 1 day. It is still surreal. I will always count as my blessings the people that came before me and poured their hearts out onto their blogs that I read for hours on end. I saw disappointment, heartache, joy, excitement, happiness, elation, and I couldn't forget the humor. Definitely more good than bad, and honestly that's what has kept me going. I used to see this as the end of the world, but because of those pioneers that came before me, I now see this as a door to a whole new world. All of your support has been and continues to be invaluable.

So with that being said, I'm not leaving, just opening my heart and hopefully letting ya'll know how much your love, support, and prayers have meant to me. I've got a long row to hoe, I'm going to need all of you still.

6 comments:

Soapchick said...

Wow so much has happened in the past year. Praying for a continued smooth pregnancy and big baby in 8 months!!! Yeah on the progesterone, yuck on the yeast infection - hope it goes away soon!

Kellie with an "ie" said...

We're here! Praying for you and your sticky little bun.

Chelle said...

YAY for sticky bun!! That's great about the progesterone!! (I love the "hoo hoo pill")

Kelly said...

Hi Hollie - I'm so glad things are going well for you. How cool that we have the same birthday! You have a lot to celebrate this year -congrats!

Anonymous said...

Hollie, Thanks so much for your comment on my blog. Congrats on your own sticky bun!

Anonymous said...

Hollie- thanks so much for your cheerleading for me! It really helps keep my spirits and confidence up! It doesn't take much for me to get discouraged in this whole process! I am so happy things are working out for you! You deserve a wonderful success story and you got it! :)
Please keep us in your prayers for this IVF.!!!