Isaiah 40:31

"They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings as eagles. They shall walk and not be weary, they shall run and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Picked up the kids, for the FIRST TIME!

I am absolutely in awe of God right now. I feel so touched and blessed. Let me try to explain some of it, although I could go on all day long.

We got up yesterday, took showers, makeup, breakfast, etc. Got in the car to start the 2. 5hour drive to the clinic. That was an extremely LONG ride. We got there. I spent about 15 minutes in an empty waiting room until they called us back. I went straight into the changing room and got my same cubby that I always get. Donned the most beautiful gown and hopped up on the same ole bed that I always get. Signed the same ole papers. Same small talk with nurse type person, and then the embryologist came in. Of course, I was holding my breath. She said well we are good for a transfer. Went into all this stuff about percentages, yada yada. Finally, I just almost screamed, "HOW MANY"? She said, "Ohhhh hee hee, guess you want to know that" (umm yeah) She said they thawed 3 and 3 are doing well, so we will transfer 3! PRAISE GOD! I wasn't listening too much to the percentage speech, but after they are frozen, they are like little smushed up balls. Well, when they thaw, they start to spread out. They like to see at least 50% spread-ation. ;) Well we had one at 50%, one at 75% and one at 90%. I'll take it!! It is just a miracle. Now those three little miracles are chillin in the uterus, hopefully finding a nice place to hang out for 9 mos! I didn't have cramping until about 8pm last night, and had some off and on today. But other than that, smooth as PIE!

I cannot thank everyone enough for all the prayers and special thoughts. THEY WORK! God is working this miracle and I am totally in awe. Although its not enough, I will just have to say, THANK YOU in a big way to all my cheer leaders out there. You folks are the BOMB!

Now we wait until Feb 9 for the BIG CALL. Ya'll all know what that's like. I'm going to take it easy for this weekend. I was disappointed to find out that I can't do any of my exercises, but it is a small price to pay. After this weekend, I can do my walking routine though. I'm going to take every precaution I can, this time. And I'm taking my 3 progesterone pills and cr**inone on the DOT!! Just not taking any chances.

When we left the "sterile type room" the embryologist said, "Good luck, we'll be thinking about you." I said, "Thanks for taking care of the kids".

3 comments:

Soapchick said...

Oh that is wonderful!! I'm so excited and hopeful for you Hollie!! 3 woohoo!!!

Patricia said...

What great news! It sounds like a fabulous start and I hope it only gets better from here! Praying, praying, praying!

Chelle said...

That's wonderful Hollie!!! I am sending you baby dust and sticky thoughts like you wouldn't believe!!!

((BIG FAT BABY DUST HUG!!))