Isaiah 40:31

"They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings as eagles. They shall walk and not be weary, they shall run and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Second Verse, much like the first

ER went well. I got 29 eggs, don't know how many were mature. We will find out tomorrow of course how many fertilized.
We left the house this morning at 5am. Uneventful drive 2 1/2 hours. We got to the RE office. She said "Sign In". Okay, so we did. She said "so you are here for cryoscreen bloodwork, go to the lab". I said "No, I'm here for Egg Retrieval". Long story short, I was fairly disappointed several times at the clinic today. Seemed like the Mickey Mouse club. Things just didn't go smoothly with paperwork and made me second guess things because there were so many little simple mistakes. When $10,000 and our future children are on the line, makes me a bit upset if they drop the ball. I know they do it every day, but TODAY was MY day! Also, something was weird with the anesthetic. I felt EVERYTHING. I was totally coherent and every time she plucked or poked, I felt it, BIG TIME! What made me the most upset was that before we went in, I said that last time, I "woke up" twice and felt the pain. They assured me that they were using a different anesthetic and it wouldn't happen again. Obviously I wasn't in any kind of state to raise heck about it, but you better believe I'm going to have a talk with the RE about it.
I'm hurting a bit in my abdomen, but I believe it is to be expected. I'm going to take the day off tomorrow and rest these ovaries. Should hear the fertilization report tomorrow by noon. I'm excited to hear for sure.
Thank you so much for all of your well wishes and prayers. You will never know how much I appreciate them all.

1 comment:

Chelle said...

I totally understand about the little mistakes that they make. They need to pay more attention!! I was in for my trial transfer once (with a full bladder) and they had a mix up and I sat waiting for an hour! Finally, I went up and said, WTF?! (not really, but you know.) I can't wait to hear the fertilization report!

I am happy that you didn't hyperstim this time too.