Isaiah 40:31

"They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings as eagles. They shall walk and not be weary, they shall run and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Things I think about

Alright, Girls! Its a two-fer today!
Some bloggers write "50-100 things about me." I don't know if I can think of that many, I might work on that. But, I thought it would be neat to share with you some of the crazy azz things that go through my mind. I will preface this by saying that YES, if you have these thoughts or tendencies that you too are CrAzY!

1) The simple things are the best things. No matter how much money, fame, etc, the easy, simple things are the ones that rock. (this goes for gifts or gestures or just day to day life)
2)"Give to the world the best you have, and the best will come back to you". -Madeline Bridges
3) Why don't premium soda crackers come in that plasticky sleeve that had the red tie at the end? Instead, we have to unwrap the package, usually spilling the contents after squishing the snot out of it to get it open, THEN find our own twist tie.
4) why do people harm things that are less forceful or less assertive than they are? (ie animals, children, other people) My theory is that people want to feel accepted, needed, and respected.
The people that harm others are the ones that are the most insecure and feel that is the only way they will be respected. I respect someone that can keep his cool much more than someone that rants, raves, and puts down other people.
5) why must my dog, Daisy, eat every pair of flip flops I own?
6) why do politicians perpetuate the horrible bureaucracy that is our nation? K.I.S.S. (Keep it Simple, Stupid)
7) We think we have evolved from medieval times when there was a "mob mentality". We are no better than that mob, centuries ago.
8) why can you buy 8 hot dogs in a package, and 12 buns? Is there someone that eats a half a hot dog cut length-wise?
9) (I think about food a lot) Why is it that you find an awesome restaurant, it has awesome food, awesome service, then you take your friend there and it sucks? Happens every time!
10) why is it that since Ive turned 30, my bones and body creaks like my mother's used to? I hate that sound. How do I prevent it? <<{{CRACK}}>>
11) quote from Readers Digest article,"Some things have changed, but the biggest difference is common to every long lasting friendship - the visceral reminder that our bodies are temporary gifts."-Sallie Tisdale

Well thats 11 things that are just kinda on my mind. I will continue to add on to this list, as the need arises. Have a good one, ya'll!

2 comments:

JJ said...

Your #8 has always bothered me too--I looove hot dogs ;)

Soapchick said...

Love that last quote, it's good to be reminded of that now and again.