Isaiah 40:31

"They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings as eagles. They shall walk and not be weary, they shall run and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

What about Life?

I'm feeling sorta bummed today. I do not usually watch or listen to news because it is usually bad and makes me feel terrible. The only news I really hear is from other people and if its a BIG news story, I will see it when I open my internet browser.
Lately, there has been so much senseless violence happening in my area. People dying at the hands of other people that did nothing wrong, they just happened to be there when CRAZY dude decided to go on his rampage. I guess violence is more in my face now that it is so close to home. I find myself wanting to physically hurt the people that did the injustice to innocent victims. This is the main reason why I stopped watching news. I feel like I cannot go through life feeling this way. I hear the about the violence, and it makes me feel angry and I want to commit violence against someone else. I can't stand a bully.
I think what this all boils down to is that some people just do not have any regard to human life. The fact that the victim is a breathing human being does not matter to the CrAzIeS! Maybe I don't identify with this hatred because I wasn't raised around it and don't have it in my life now.
The only violence I've been a party to was in the 6th grade. We were in PE and there was a heated argument between Jenny and Suzy. The game of the day was BOWLING. We had these 3 pound rubber bowling balls and these plastic weighted pins that basically we just chucked the ball at to watch the pins fly. Jenny was bad mouthing Suzy on one side of me. Suzy is on the other side. The teacher looks at us. Everyone was civil. I even put the ball up to my face as to act like I was concentrating on my bowling stance. Next thing I know, Suzy threw a punch at Jenny. But ole girl had some REALLY BAD AIM and smacked me in the face. I lost control of the hard rubber ball and came back and smacked myself in the nose with it, making my nose bleed. All three of us had to go to the principal's office and explain this blundering mess. I laugh about it now, but at the time, it hurt. And speaking of hurt, I was the only one that GOT HURT! I was an innocent bystander and had nothing to do with the slanderous words or punches that were exchanged. We all got detention. To this day, I dont know why in the world I got detention for being smacked in the face. But I guess thats just how it goes.
Add in some slightly older people with guns or knives, and there could have been a funeral or two instead of a trip to the principal's office.
Only thing I know to do is pray:
Lord Jesus, humble my heart.
I thank you for all the many blessings that you have given to me,they are too numerous to count. Lord, I ask that you lend your strength to those around us that have fallen victim to senseless attacks. I ask you to grant them the peace and guidance that only you can provide. You know their needs Lord, you know every hair on their heads.
I also ask for your peace to wash over me. My heart breaks for these victims, as well as the perpetrators. The perpetrators have lost hearts. Teach them of the sanctity of life. Touch them Lord with your Holy Spirit so they might know you. Be with the families of the victims, they will need you now more than ever. In Your Precious and Holy Name, Amen.

No comments: