Isaiah 40:31

"They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings as eagles. They shall walk and not be weary, they shall run and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Gyn Extravaganza!

Whoa, what a day.

To begin this saga, I didn't sleep last night. I got enthralled in a new book , couldn't put it down. Finally did, but it had my mind GOING AND GOING! I couldn't shake it. I watched the clock. I tossed I turned. Then I heard the dreaded alarm. SMACK! 5 more minutes SMACK! Then the lovely Da_rth VAD*ER sounds of Angel's CPAP machine clicking off. Ahhh, the start of another day.

I got up, got dressed, all spiffied up. Fed the dogs, got all my junk in the frosty car, and zoomed down the road a little over an hour for fasting blood work. After they drew it, I went and got some breakfast. Came back to the clinic in time for my appointment. Put on the most lovely paper gown that was OH SO FLATTERING and hopped up in my usual spot, in my usual exam room, with my usual ultrasound wand staring at me.

I was prodded and poked and thoroughly mushed and squished. I had 5 cultures and a pap smear. Don't ask me what all the cultures were for, but I had them nevertheless. Got to see my girlie parts. They are still there, hanging out, waiting to be somewhat useful. The Nurse Practitioner said I had a "beautiful 3 level endometrium at 0.9cm" and "didn't see how I could be held back at this point".

So we are all a "go" on Friday Jan 30 for our FET. We have a 6 pack in the freezer, so I'm hoping at least one makes it. We had 2 out of 4 that made it last time. I feel pretty good. I feel blessed no matter how this turns out. Each time I do some of this stuff, it gets easier and I'm more calm. I was a little surprised that this go around, I only have to go 1 time for an endometrium check, 1 time for the transfer, and 1 time for the beta hcg. I do miss my girls at the small clinic. They always ask about Angel and I, and they tend to remember my history better than the big clinic that only has written records to go by. They remember seeing me when I was so sick before I went into the hospital with OHSS. They've laughed and cried and hugged when I needed it. They are some caring women, and it makes a dull task more fun to see people that you enjoy being around.

I should get the phone call this afternoon about the blood work. I'm not too anxious because I've never had a problem with it before. Hopefully, this will all go very smoothly. My peace about this is helping immensely. We will see how it goes as we get closer to time. Also, I'm still thinking that Feb 9 is a LONG TIME to wait after the transfer of 6 day old blasts for a beta. I haven't done any pee sticks in a LONG TIME, but I don't know how I can hold out that long. I'm thinking for sure something should show up by Feb 7, which is a Saturday. I'm back and forth about this. But I have some time to ponder.

Love and Prayers to all!

3 comments:

Soapchick said...

I'm here cheering you on Hollie!

Patricia said...

I keep hearing over and over about that book. It's on my to-do list.

You really sound excited... as you "should" be. (And if I'm totally reading you wrong here, of course, I just told you that you should be excited. Ugh, there's no winning in this process, sometimes.)

I'm saying prayers for you and your transfer and your babies!

Chelle said...

OH I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU! I'll be thinking of you next week! That is my baseline, so we might be looking at our girly parts at the same time. I'll be sure to send you sticky thoughts!!